Sunday, September 1, 2013

A word for Elaine / A word for Stone Church

1 Corinthians 12:18
"But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it."


Recently I was lamenting the Lord about my life and all the change I have experienced in the last couple years and, to be honest, I was mad at Him for making me go through them. If I took a stress test, I would probably score off the charts with all the changes that have happened in such a short time. So, I complained to the Lord about it and asked why I had to go through so much. Why did he have to purpose me to go through so much in such a short time? His reply completely changed my heart:

"You are not who you are today without having had gone through all of this. 
I needed to shake you free of all security, comfort and attachment, so you would cling only to Me." 

At once, I became thankful, grateful for ALL of it. Before, I would've been able to see the roses among the thorns, but the thorns still brought a sting, a pain to it. When God spoke those words to me, I became completely grateful and able to just say, "thank you", NOT "thank you, but..."

I believe this same word applies to Stone. In order for us, this body of believers, to go to the next season, to go in a new direction, to embrace the new plans He has for us, this body of people had to be shaken, so much so that we would release our grip, our hold on all attachments. That we would be forced to cling only to Him for our present and for our future. I believe all of this change has been part of His plan (not just His plan for those who are moving on or leaving as if God has abandoned us or forgotten about us), but part of His plan at work within each of us. Just as He moves these great leaders on, He does a work within us to prepare us for the next thing and He wants us here at Stone Church. 


No comments:

Post a Comment