Thursday, September 22, 2011

Provided For, part II

My husband and I are on vacation with our twins for the first time. What a treat! My sister gave us some of her time share points, so we could get away. We asked my husband's mother to accompany us so that it could actually still be a vacation for us. (Anyone with very young children must understand this, lol).

We decided to go to the mall to do a little bit of shopping and to get out of our room. At the mall we walked past lots of children's clothing stores and though I wanted to go in to each and every one of them just to browse, we didn't. For two reasons: 1) The girls don't need any clothes right now, 2) We can't afford for me to buy clothes for them and 3) There is no way we could get them home (you see, packing for two babies, myself, my husband, his mother all in our 4-door sedan (even though its family-size) was quite an accomplishment, but doesn't allow us ANY extra room. And yes, I know that was three reasons and not two). What's so beautiful about this problem is that because the Lord literally has surrounded us with generous friends and family, our girls have all the clothes they need. All the gently used and new clothes that have been given to them have been a HUGE blessing. Even more, they always look cute. Their clothes match, have variety and they have more than enough (even with how many times a day we change them because of how much they spit up.)

When I want to buy new clothes for them, I think about this verse:

Mathew 6:28-30
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?"

Thank you Lord for making sure our girls are clothed, as beautiful as you clothe the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment